This simple chocolate tart is sinfully delicious.
The ingredient of Chocolate tart
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar mixture
- 125g butter, chilled, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon chilled water
- Cocoa powder, to serve
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 200g dark chocolate, melted, cooled
The instruction how to make Chocolate tart
- Process flour, icing sugar and butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg yolk and chilled water. Process until dough comes together, adding more water if necessary. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. Shape into a 2cm-thick disc. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 3cm-deep, 24cm (base) loose-based, round, fluted flan tin. Roll pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until 4mm thick. Line tin with pastry. Trim excess. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place tin on a baking tray. Line pastry with baking paper. Fill with ceramic pie weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Remove paper and weights or rice. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until light golden. Set aside to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 160u00b0C/140u00b0C fan-forced.
- Meanwhile, make filling: Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks, eggs and caster sugar together until thick and creamy. Fold in cream and chocolate.
- Pour filling into pastry case. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until just set. Set aside to cool. Refrigerate until chilled. Dust with cocoa. Serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate tartfatContent: 455.056 calories
saturatedFatContent: 26 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 47 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 25 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 148 milligrams cholesterol