Add a dash of Spanish spice to your desserts with chocolate-dipped cinnamon churros.
The ingredient of Churros con chocolate caliente (Churros with hot chocolate)
- 1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 120g butter, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar, extra
- Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 4 cups (1 litre) milk
- 200g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar, to season
The instruction how to make Churros con chocolate caliente (Churros with hot chocolate)
- To make the hot chocolate, place the cornflour in a medium saucepan. Gradually add the milk. Add the chocolate and place over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth and thickens slightly. Taste and season with sugar, if desired.
- To make churros, combine the sugar and cinnamon on a plate and set aside.
- Combine butter and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until butter melts and mixture just comes to the boil. Add all flour at once; stir until well combined and mixture comes away from side of the pan. Remove from heat.
- Transfer to a bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat the flour mixture while adding eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. Add orange rind and extra sugar and stir to combine. Spoon mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm fluted nozzle.
- Heat enough oil in a deep frying pan to reach a depth of 5cm. Heat to 180u00b0C (oil is ready when a cube of bread browns in 15 seconds). Pipe eight 10cm lengths of batter into hot oil. Cook for 1 minute each side. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Transfer to cinnamon sugar; roll to coat. Repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon sugar. Serve immediately with hot chocolate.
Nutritions of Churros con chocolate caliente (Churros with hot chocolate)fatContent: