*Disclaimer: This recipe is a member recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
The ingredient of Chocolate salami log
- 200g shortbread biscuits, broken into small pieces
- 80g pistachio nuts
- 80g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 80g dried cranberries
- 80g Frangelico (or other liqueur)
- 50g unsalted butter
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into bits
- 100g icing sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 80g thickened cream
- 100g icing sugar, extra
- 50g cocoa powder
The instruction how to make Chocolate salami log
- Place biscuits, nuts, cranberries and 40g frangelico into a large bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, place chocolate and butter, stir until mixture is fully melted. Add icing sugar, salt, vanilla, yolks, cream and 40g frangelico and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the biscuit mixture and stir to incorporate. Let mixture sit for 20 minutes to cool as it will be easier to shape later.
- When mixture has set enough to hold its shape, place half the mixture on clingfilm. Shape into a log and roll up, tying off the ends. Repeat with second half of mixture. Roll each log in a sushi mat to achieve the characteristic lines. If your mixture is too soft, refrigerate again before rolling in the mat.
- Once salami is fully set, combine icing sugar and cocoa on a plate. Remove clingfilm and roll salami in icing mixture. Wrap in paper and tie with string.
Nutritions of Chocolate salami logfatContent: