Stuck for presents? Try these homemade rum & orange chocolate balls for an unforgettable gift idea.
The ingredient of Rum & orange chocolate balls
- 100g pitted prunes, roughly chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) dark or white rum
- 250g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), chopped
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped
- 250g scotch finger biscuits, halved
- 80g roasted peeled hazelnuts
- 1 orange, zested
- 50g flaked almonds, roasted, finely chopped
- Cocoa, to dust
The instruction how to make Rum & orange chocolate balls
- Place prunes and rum in a small saucepan over low heat and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and set aside until needed.
- Fill a small saucepan one-third full with water and bring to a gentle simmer. Place chocolate and butter in a small heatproof bowl, then place the bowl over the pan of simmering water and stir until melted (donu2019t let the bowl touch the water).
- Process biscuits, hazelnuts and prune mixture in a food processor until finely chopped. Add orange zest and chocolate mixture, and process until just combined. Spoon into a large bowl and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until firm enough to shape.
- Line a large tray with baking paper and place almonds and cocoa in separate shallow bowls. Using your hands and working quickly, roll the chocolate mixture into 3cm balls and place on the tray. Roll half the balls in almonds to coat, then dust the other half with cocoa. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Nutritions of Rum & orange chocolate ballsfatContent: