A sweet treat to impress: frosted cherry chocolate cheesecake.
The ingredient of Frosted cherry chocolate cheesecake
- 200g pkt chocolate biscuits
- 100g butter, melted
- 375g cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (125g) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 70g dark chocolate, chopped (see note)
- 1/3 cup (70g) caster sugar, extra
- 100g cherries, washed, dried
- 1 eggwhite, lightly whisked
The instruction how to make Frosted cherry chocolate cheesecake
- Place the biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely crushed. Add the butter and process until well combined. Place in a 15 x 40cm rectangular fluted tart pan with removable base and use the base and sides of a glass to press the crumb mixture up the base and sides of the pan. Place on a baking tray and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until just combined. Pour into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the chocolate. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until set. Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in oven with door ajar to cool completely.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper. Place the extra sugar in a shallow bowl. Use a small brush to brush eggwhite evenly over a cherry. Roll the cherry in the sugar to dust evenly. Place on the lined tray. Repeat with remaining cherries, eggwhite and sugar. Set aside for 1 hour to dry.
- Place the cheesecake on a serving plate. Arrange frosted cherries over the cheesecake to serve.
Nutritions of Frosted cherry chocolate cheesecakefatContent: