This sweet gourmet pie with its filling of chocolate, coconut, lemon, figs and jam, is perfect for any special occasion.
The ingredient of Fig, lemon, coconut and chocolate tart
- 200g desiccated coconut
- 300ml (1 1/2 cups) weak tea, cooled
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 220g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 100g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), broken into small pieces
- 6 figs, sliced
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam or raspberry jam, warmed
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1 egg
The instruction how to make Fig, lemon, coconut and chocolate tart
- For pastry, process flour, sugar, butter and a pinch of salt in a food processor until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add egg and process until mixture just comes together. Form mixture into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface and line a 26cm tart tin with removable base. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Place tart on an oven tray, line pastry with baking paper and fill with dried beans or rice and bake for 15 minutes. Remove paper and beans, and bake for another 10 minutes. Cool in tin.
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C. Place coconut in a bowl and pour tea over. Whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest, then whisk in coconut mixture. Scatter chocolate pieces over base of tart, then pour coconut mixture over. Bake for 35 minutes or until fi lling is set. Remove tart from oven and cool.
- To serve, remove tart from tin and top with slices of figs in concentric circles, then brush with jam.
Nutritions of Fig, lemon, coconut and chocolate tartfatContent: 707.679 calories
saturatedFatContent: 37 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 25 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 78 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 56 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 12 grams protein
sodiumContent: 202 milligrams cholesterol