Drizzle citrusy sauce over these delicate filo pastry rolls for a sublime dessert like no other.
The ingredient of White chocolate and pistachio filo rolls
- 100g white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (80g) pistachio kernels
- 250g fresh ricotta
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon plain flour
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 100g butter, melted
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Orange wedges, to serve
- Icing sugar mixture, to serve
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 50g butter, chopped
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
The instruction how to make White chocolate and pistachio filo rolls
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C/200u00b0C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place chocolate and pistachios in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add ricotta, orange rind, honey, egg yolks and flour. Process until well combined.
- Place 1 sheet filo on a flat surface, with 1 long side facing you. Brush with butter. Top with 1 sheet filo. Brush with butter. Top with 1 sheet filo. Cut stack into thirds crossways. Repeat with remaining filo sheets and butter.
- Brush filo stacks with butter. Leaving a 1cm border, spoon 1/4 cup ricotta mixture onto 1 short end of 1 filo stack. Fold edges in and roll up tightly to enclose filling. Place on prepared tray, seam-side down. Repeat with remaining filo pieces and ricotta mixture. Using a small knife, make 2 small slits in top of rolls. Brush with butter. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, make orange sauce. Place juice, butter and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
- Cut rolls in half diagonally. Serve with ice-cream, orange wedges and dusted with icing sugar.
Nutritions of White chocolate and pistachio filo rollsfatContent: 503.573 calories
saturatedFatContent: 37 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 20 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 33 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 24 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 10 grams protein
sodiumContent: 116 milligrams cholesterol