Blood oranges and mascarpone are the hero ingredients in another fine Martha Stewart dessert - decadent, delightful and memorable.
The ingredient of Marthas chocolate roasted-orange tart
- 250g mascarpone cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar mixture
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup NESTLu00c9 BAKERS CHOICE Cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons thickened cream
- 4 blood oranges
- 1 1/4 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
The instruction how to make Marthas chocolate roasted-orange tart
- Make Pastry: Sift flour, cocoa powder and salt in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium speed for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture, in 3 batches, alternating with cream. Shape dough into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 22cm round loose-based fluted tart pan. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough until 5mm thick. Line base and side of prepared pan with dough. Trim edge. Prick base all over with a fork. Freeze for 15 minutes. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until firm. Cool in pan.
- Meanwhile, make Roasted oranges: Reduce oven temperature to 160C/140C fan-forced. Leaving peel on, cut 3 oranges into 5mm-thick slices. Arrange in a single layer on a baking tray with sides. Pour over 1/4 cup orange juice. Cover tightly with baking paper, then foil. Cook for 2 hours or until peel is tender, adding 1/4 cup orange juice every 30 minutes (3/4 cup in total).
- Increase oven temperature to 190C/170C fan-forced. Remove foil and baking paper. Sprinkle orange slices with caster sugar. Add remaining 1/4 cup juice. Roast, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons cold water. Roast for a further 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly golden and dry. Cool completely.
- Finely grate rind from remaining orange. Combine rind, mascarpone and icing sugar in a bowl. Spoon mixture into prepared tart case, spreading to level. Arrange roasted oranges on top, overlapping slightly. Serve (see Notes).
Nutritions of Marthas chocolate roasted-orange tartfatContent: