Fill homemade tart shells with creamy white chocolate and lemon curd for a dessert thatll make your tastebuds pop!
The ingredient of White chocolate lemon mousse cups
- 125g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 130g (3/4 cup) almond meal
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 180g white chocolate melts, coarsely chopped
- 300ml thickened cream
- 175g (1/2 cup) store-bought lemon curd, plus extra, to drizzle
- Edible flowers, to serve
- Icing sugar, to serve (see notes)
The instruction how to make White chocolate lemon mousse cups
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease 2 x 12-hole round-bottomed patty pans. Use electric beaters to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the vanilla then the almond meal. Add the flour. Use a flat-bladed knife to mix until clumps of dough form. Gather into a ball.
- Roll level tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and flatten slightly. Place into the prepared pan and press out to the edges. Bake for 8u00a0minutes, then cover loosely with foil and bake for a further 4 minutes, until light golden. Remove foil and use the end of a rolling pin to gently press down the puffed-up pastry. Cool in pans for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine the chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl and stand over a pan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesnu2019t touch the water), until the chocolate is just soft. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth. Place in the fridge for 1 1/2 hours, until the consistency of thickened cream. Use electric beaters to beat until firm peaks form.
- Dollop spoonfuls of the lemon curd into the chocolate mixture, without stirring, then transfer to a piping bag fitted with a 1.5cm fluted nozzle. Pipe mixture into tart shells. Drizzle over extra lemon curd. Decorate with edible flowers and sift over icing sugar to serve.
Nutritions of White chocolate lemon mousse cupsfatContent: