This gourmet chocolate ganache tart with beetroot, cherry and brandy jelly is a magnificent way to end a Christmas feast.
The ingredient of Chocolate ganache tart with beetroot, cherry & brandy jelly
- 3 (about 125g) baby beetroot
- 300g fresh cherries, pitted
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) brandy
- 60ml (1/4 cup) water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Egg white, to brush
- 400g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 330ml (1 1/3 cups) thickened cream
- 3 vegetarian gelatine leaves
- Micro herbs, to serve
- 250g (1 2/3 cups) plain flour
- 150g unsalted butter, chilled, chopped
- 45g (1/4 cup) icing sugar mixture
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 2 egg yolks
The instruction how to make Chocolate ganache tart with beetroot, cherry & brandy jelly
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C. Lightly grease a 3cm-deep, 24.5cm (base measurement) fluted tart tin, with removable base.
- For the pastry, process the flour, butter, icing sugar and cocoa in a food processor until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolks and process until the dough starts to come together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Shape into a disc. Cover and place in fridge for 30 minutes to rest. Roll the out the pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper to a 4mm-thick disc. Line the prepared tin with the pastry. Trim any excess. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, wrap the beetroot in foil and roast for 40 minutes or until tender. Cool. Peel and halve beetroot. Process the beetroot and cherries in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Stir the sugar and brandy in a small saucepan over medium-low heat for 1-2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 1 minute or until thickened slightly. Add sugar syrup, water and lemon juice to beetroot mixture and process until smooth. Strain through a sieve set over a bowl, pressing to extract extra liquid. Discard solids. Strain liquid again. You should have approximately 1 cup of liquid. If short, top up with water.
- Place the tin on a baking tray. Line the pastry with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 15 minutes or until firm. Remove the paper and pastry weights or rice. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through. Brush the base and any cracks with egg white. Place in oven for 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Bring cream just to the boil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Pour over the chocolate. Stand for 2 minutes. Stir until melted and smooth. Cool for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour over the pastry and place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- Soak gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes. Squeeze to remove excess liquid. Stir in a small saucepan over low heat for 30 seconds or until dissolved. Remove from heat and whisk in beetroot mixture. Strain into a jug. Remove any foam from the surface. Pour over chocolate, do not over-fill. Chill for 2 hours or until set. Stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with herbs.
Nutritions of Chocolate ganache tart with beetroot, cherry & brandy jellyfatContent: