Give a gift to remember with these decadent salted caramel and dark chocolate rum balls.
The ingredient of Salted caramel and dark chocolate rum balls
- 315g Coles Brand chocolate madeira cake
- 395g can NESTLu00c9 Sweetened condensed milk
- 50g salted butter, chopped
- 1/4 cup (55g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 teaspoons rum essence
- 2 x 200g pkts Plaistowe premium chocolate dark
- Sea salt flakes, extra, to serve
- Plaistowe premium cocoa, to dust
The instruction how to make Salted caramel and dark chocolate rum balls
- Remove icing from the cake and discard. Process the cake in a food processor until coarse crumbs form.
- Place condensed milk, butter, sugar and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 10 mins or until mixture thickens. Stir in cake crumbs and essence. Place in fridge for 30 mins to chill. Roll 2 teaspoons of mixture into balls and place on lined trays. Freeze for 15 mins.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave on High for 2 mins, stirring every 30 secs, or until smooth. Use two forks to dip balls into the chocolate. Place on trays lined with baking paper. Set aside for 1 min, then sprinkle with salt. Stand for 30 mins or until set. Dust with cocoa.
Nutritions of Salted caramel and dark chocolate rum ballsfatContent: