For a dessert to remember, serve these decadent honey and goats milk tarts.
The ingredient of White chocolate, honey and goats milk tarts
- 150g unsalted butter, chilled, finely chopped
- 75g icing sugar, sifted
- 2 egg yolks
- 250g (1 2/3 cups) plain flour
- 200ml goats milk or cows milk (see note)
- 125ml (1/2 cup) double cream, plus extra, to serve
- 250g white couverture chocolate, finely chopped
- 80g honey
- 4 eggs
- Honeycomb, to serve
The instruction how to make White chocolate, honey and goats milk tarts
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and a pinch of salt until light and fluffy, gradually add egg yolks combined with 2 teaspoons chilled water, then flour, and beat until mixture just comes together. Form into 6 discs, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190C. Roll out pastry between 2 sheets of lightly floured baking paper and line 6 x 12cm greased pie tins, or tart tins with removable bases. Freeze for 30 minutes. Line pastry with baking paper and fill with dried beans or rice, place on an oven tray and bake for 15 minutes. Carefully remove paper and beans, and bake for a further 10 minutes or until pastry is dry and pale golden. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven to 160C. For filling, bring milk and cream almost to the boil in a saucepan, add chocolate and whisk until melted, then whisk in honey and eggs. Pour into pastry cases and bake for 20 minutes or until filling is just set. Leave to cool for 15 minutes, then serve warm or at room temperature, topped with extra cream and honeycomb.
Nutritions of White chocolate, honey and goats milk tartsfatContent: