Make ordinary scones extra special with chocolate and pecans.
The ingredient of Chocolate pecan scones
- Plain flour, for dusting
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 80g butter, cubed
- 1-1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 150g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
The instruction how to make Chocolate pecan scones
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Lightly dust a flat baking tray with plain flour.
- Sift self-raising flour into a large bowl. Stir in cocoa and icing sugar.
- Using your fingertips, rub butter into flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre. Add 1 cup of milk. Mix with a flat-bladed knife until mixture forms a soft dough, adding more milk if required. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until smooth (dont knead dough too much or scones will be tough).
- Roll dough out between 2 sheets of baking paper to form a 28cm x 35cm rectangle. Sprinkle chocolate and pecans over dough, leaving a 1cm-wide strip along 1 long side. Starting from 1 long side, roll up like a Swiss roll. Cut into 14 x 2.5cm-thick rounds (take care not to squash roll).
- Place 1 scroll onto centre of each tray. Form a ring of 6 scrolls around each centre scroll. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, swapping trays after 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Cool for 5 minutes on trays.
- Make topping: Place chocolate and cream into a small saucepan over low heat. Heat, stirring, for 4 minutes or until melted and smooth. Drizzle over scones. Sprinkle with pecans. Serve warm.
Nutritions of Chocolate pecan sconesfatContent: