Quick and easy, these decadent coffee, cherry and chocolate trifles are the perfect dessert for when you dont have a lot of time.
The ingredient of Espresso cherry trifle
- 2 tablespoons marsala (see note)
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/2 cup strong espresso coffee, cooled slightly
- 4 mini jam sponge rolls, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 50g good-quality dark chocolate, grated
- 1/2 cup thick vanilla custard
- 425g can black pitted cherries, drained
The instruction how to make Espresso cherry trifle
- Combine marsala, sugar and coffee in a jug. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Divide the sponge slices between four 400ml-capacity whisky glasses. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the coffee mixture. Drizzle remaining coffee mixture over the sponge slices.
- Top with half the chocolate, and all the custard and cherries. Drizzle with the reserved coffee mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate and serve.
Nutritions of Espresso cherry triflefatContent: 512.177 calories
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 101 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 79 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 49 milligrams cholesterol