With luscious layers of cream, sponge and fresh berries, this make-ahead trifle dessert is truly tempting.
The ingredient of Mixed berry trifle
- 2 x 85g packets strawberry jelly crystals
- 2 cups boiling water
- 250g fresh strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 125g fresh raspberries
- 125g fresh blueberries
- 2 cups double thick chocolate custard
- 250g packet jam rollettes
- 1/3 cup sweet apera (sherry) (see note)
- 300ml tub thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar mixture
- Extra fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries and hulled and sliced strawberries), to serve
The instruction how to make Mixed berry trifle
- Place jelly crystals in a heatproof bowl. Add boiling water. Whisk until crystals have dissolved. Stir in 400ml cold water. Pour into a 12 cup-capacity heatproof serving bowl. Cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until just beginning to set (mixture should have a thick, syrupy consistency). Stir through strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. Cover. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Spoon custard over jelly. Slice each rollette into 4. Using picture as a guide, arrange jam rolls over custard. Drizzle with apera, if using.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream and sugar until soft peaks form. Top trifle with cream mixture. Cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- Top with extra raspberries, blueberries and strawberries to serve.
Nutritions of Mixed berry triflefatContent: 295.643 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 39 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 34 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 39 milligrams cholesterol