This moist roulade is perfect for Australia Day celebrations.
The ingredient of Lamington roulade
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 220ml thickened cream
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- 100g good-quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 20g butter
The instruction how to make Lamington roulade
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Grease a 2cm deep, 25cm x 30cm (base) Swiss roll pan. Line with baking paper. Place a sheet of baking paper on a work surface. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons coconut evenly over paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs for 5 minutes or until thick and pale. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating constantly until sugar has dissolved and mixture is thick and glossy. Sift flour again over egg mixture. Using a large metal spoon, fold flour into egg mixture until just combined.
- Spread mixture into Swiss roll pan. Bake sponge for 10 to 12 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Turn cake straight from pan onto coconut-coated paper. Peel away baking paper lining. Carefully roll up sponge (see card, below left). Cover with a clean tea towel and set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, whip 3/4 cup cream until stiff peaks form. Carefully unroll sponge and lay flat on work surface. Spread over jam and cream, leaving a 1cm border at both long ends. Re-roll sponge, without the paper. Place roulade, seam side down, on a plate.
- Combine chocolate, butter and remaining 2 tablespoons cream in a microwave-safe, heatproof bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, or until melted and smooth. Spread warm chocolate mixture over Swiss roll, allowing it to run down sides. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Allow chocolate icing to set. Cut roulade into slices and serve.
Nutritions of Lamington rouladefatContent: 363.758 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 41 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 30 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 116 milligrams cholesterol