Scatter juicy raspberries over gooey dark chocolate pie straight from the oven, for the perfect combination of bittersweet bliss.
The ingredient of Bittersweet choc raspberry pie
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 35g (1/3 cup) dark cocoa powder
- 150g butter, chilled, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Ice-cream or cream, to serve (optional)
- 140g Plaistowe Premium Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 30g (1/4 cup) almond meal or hazelnut meal
- 375g fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
The instruction how to make Bittersweet choc raspberry pie
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease a 2.5cm-deep, 19 x 29.5cm rectangular, loose-bottomed fluted tart tin. Process the flour, sugar, cocoa and butter in a food processor until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the water and process until the dough just comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until just smooth. Shape into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured piece of baking paper to 3mm thick. Line the prepared pan with the pastry. Trim excess, reserving the scraps. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, re-roll scraps on a sheet of lightly floured baking paper until 2-3mm thick. Use a 3cm heart cutter to cut out shapes. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to rest.
- Place the pan on a baking tray. Line the pastry with baking paper. Fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and weights or rice. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until crisp. Cool.
- For the filling, place half the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Microwave on Medium, stirring every minute until melted. Spread over the pastry. Sprinkle with the almond meal, berries and sugar. Scatter over the remaining chocolate. Top with the heart shapes. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the raspberries have softened and chocolate melts. Dust lightly with icing sugar. Serve the tart warm with ice-cream or cream, if using.
Nutritions of Bittersweet choc raspberry piefatContent: