This is the best-ever truffle shortcut - simply use bought fruitcake, sponge or butter cake as the base or use up leftover cake. Heres one of our favourite recipes - zesty orange-chocolate truffles - which is also easy to twist.
The ingredient of Jaffa cake truffles
- 1 x 450g pkt Madeira cake, coarsely chopped
- 1 x 100g pkt Lindt Excellence Intense Orange Dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur
- 1 x 375g pkt milk chocolate melts
- Mixed peel, to decorate
The instruction how to make Jaffa cake truffles
- Process the cake in a food processor until fine crumbs form.
- Place the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesnt touch the water). Stir with a metal spoon until the chocolate melts and is smooth. Add the melted chocolate and Cointreau to the cake crumbs and process until well combined.
- Line a tray with non-stick baking paper. Roll 2 teaspoonfuls of cake mixture into a ball. Place on the prepared tray. Repeat with remaining cake mixture. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, place the milk chocolate melts in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesnt touch the water). Stir with a metal spoon until the chocolate melts and is smooth.
- Line a tray with non-stick baking paper. Divide the truffles into 3 batches. Remove 1 batch from the fridge. Use a fork or truffle dipper to dip truffles, 1 at a time, into melted chocolate to coat. Gently tap the fork or dipper on the edge of the bowl to allow excess chocolate to drip off. Carefully place on the prepared tray. Top each truffle with a piece of mixed peel. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with the remaining truffles, melted chocolate and mixed peel. Set aside for 10 minutes.
Nutritions of Jaffa cake trufflesfatContent: