Celebrate the holiday season with these gingerbread spiced mousse cups topped with Baileys cream.
The ingredient of Gingerbread spiced mousse with Baileys cream
- 300ml ctn thickened cream
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Baileys Irish Cream with Salted Caramel liqueur, plus 1 tbs, extra
- 40g butter, chopped
- 3 eggs, separated
- 300ml ctn double thick cream
- 2 tablespoons salted caramel topping
- Dark cocoa powder, to serve
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) golden syrup
- 50g butter
- 340g (2 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
The instruction how to make Gingerbread spiced mousse with Baileys cream
- Combine thickened cream, chocolate, ginger, mixed spice, cloves and liqueur in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High for 1-2 minutes, stirring often, or until the chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Add the butter and stir until melted. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk egg yolks into chocolate mixture, 1 at a time. Add 200ml double thick cream and whisk until mixture is thick and begins to hold its shape. In a separate clean bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Swirl 1 u20442 tsp caramel topping around the inside of each of 8 serving glasses. Divide mousse mixture among the glasses. Place on a tray and place in the fridge to chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- For gingerbread men, place the sugar, golden syrup and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until the butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Combine flours, ginger, mixed spice, cloves and bicarb in a large bowl. Add the sugar mixture and egg. Stir until combined. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. Divide into 2 portions. Shape into discs. Cover. Place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 170C/150C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Halve 1 portion of dough. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured sheet of baking paper until 3-4mm thick. Use a 3cm gingerbread man cutter to cut out 16 gingerbread men. Reserve remaining dough for another use (see top tips). Place on prepared tray. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden and crisp. Set aside on tray to cool completely.
- Combine extra liqueur and remaining 100ml double thick cream and 1 tbs caramel topping in a bowl. Whisk until just thickened. Divide cream mixture among glasses. Top with gingerbread men and dust with cocoa powder.
Nutritions of Gingerbread spiced mousse with Baileys creamfatContent: