Gift your eggcellent guests these super sweet hatching chick biscuits this Easter. Using store-bought biscuits, they are a cinch to make.
The ingredient of Hatching chick biscuits
- 1/2 x 250g packet milk arrowroot biscuits (see notes)
- 8 vanilla marshmallows, halved horizontally
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 290g packet white choc melts
- Yellow food colouring gel
- 250g ready-to-roll white icing
- 16 candy eyeballs
- 4 orange M&Mu2019s minis, halved
- 8 yellow M&Mu2019s, halved
The instruction how to make Hatching chick biscuits
- Place 4 biscuits, flat-side up, on a microwave-safe plate. Top each with 2 marshmallow halves. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 10 seconds or until marshmallows are soft. Spread 1/2 teaspoon of jam onto the flat-side side of 4 more biscuits. Carefully sandwich marshmallow and jam biscuits together. Repeat with remaining biscuits, marshmallows and jam to make 8 biscuits. Freeze for 20 minutes or until marshmallow is firm.
- Reserve 10 choc melts. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place 1/2 the remaining melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%), stirring with a metal spoon halfway through, for 1 minute or until melted and smooth. Using food colouring, tint chocolate yellow. Transfer chocolate to a mug. One at a time, dip biscuits in chocolate mixture to coat (donu2019t worry about coating the end youu2019re holding as this will be covered by the white icing). Allow excess chocolate to drain off. Place biscuits on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining melts, food colouring and biscuits. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Knead ready-to-roll icing on a flat surface. Roll out between 2 sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Using a biscuit as a guide, cut icing into an oval shape, re-rolling trimmings to make 8 ovals. Cover with baking paper so they donu2019t dry out.
- Place reserved melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%), stirring with a metal spoon halfway through, for 30 seconds or until melted and smooth. Place 1 icing oval on a chopping board. Using the picture as a guide and a small sharp knife, cut 2 zig-zag lines, about 3cm apart (see notes). Discard centre piece of icing. Using a little melted chocolate, attach cracked shells to 1 biscuit. Repeat with remaining icing ovals, biscuits and melted chocolate.
- Using the picture as a guide and a little melted chocolate, attach the eyes and 1 orange mini M&M half to each biscuit to form the beak. Using a little melted chocolate, attach 2 yellow M&M halves on each biscuit to create wings. Set biscuits aside for 20 minutes or until set. Serve.
Nutritions of Hatching chick biscuitsfatContent: