These chocolate cupcakes are stuffed with cookie dough and topped with peanut butter frosting – swoon!
The ingredient of Cookie dough cupcakes with peanut butter frosting
- 60g dark chocolate
- 2/3 cup milk
- 100g butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, plus extra to serve
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 12 mini choc-chip cookies, to serve
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 400g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar mixture
The instruction how to make Cookie dough cupcakes with peanut butter frosting
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Line a 12-hole (1/3-cup-capacity) muffin pan with paper cases.
- Place chocolate and milk in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until smooth and combined. Remove from heat.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and eggs until light and fluffy. Sift flour, cocoa powder and almond meal over butter mixture. Stir until just combined. Add chocolate mixture. Stir until just combined. Pour mixture among paper cases. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of 1 cake comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Make Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugars and vanilla until pale and creamy. Sift flour and salt over butter mixture. Stir until just combined. Add chocolate. Using hands, knead dough to evenly distribute the chocolate. Reserve 1 cup of dough (see notes).
- Make Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Frosting: Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, cookie dough and peanut butter until smooth. Add icing sugar, beating until combined. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a 1.5cm fluted nozzle.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut a 3cm round hole in the middle of each cupcake. Roll reserved dough into 12 balls. Push dough balls into holes, pressing gently to level. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Top with a mini cookie and dust with extra cocoa powder. Serve.
Nutritions of Cookie dough cupcakes with peanut butter frostingfatContent: 656.533 calories
saturatedFatContent: 37 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 20.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 72.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 90 grams protein
sodiumContent: 90 milligrams cholesterol