A healthy twist on the much loved classic jam and coconut slice-lighten up with chia blackberry jam and a crumble mix of coconut, quinoa flakes and oats.
The ingredient of Choc and blackberry crumble slice
- 270g (3 cups) rolled oats
- 25g (1/3 cup) shredded coconut
- 30g (1/4 cup) quinoa flakes
- 75g (1/3 cup) coconut oil
- 125g (1/3 cup) organic coconut syrup (see note)
- 35g (1/3 cup) raw cacao powder
- 420g frozen blackberries
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons organic coconut syrup, extra
- 3/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black chia seeds
The instruction how to make Choc and blackberry crumble slice
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease the base and sides of a 16 x 26cm (base measurement) slice pan and line with baking paper. Combine 1 tbs oats, 2 tbs coconut, 1 tbs quinoa flakes, 1 tsp oil and u20281 tsp coconut syrup in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place remaining oats, coconut, quinoa flakes, oil and syrup in a food processor. Add cacao powder and process until a sticky mixture forms. Reserve 1u20444 cup cacao mixture. Press remaining mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until firm. Set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place blackberries, juice, extra syrup and rind in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until berries release juices. Add chia seeds. Cook, gently stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until soft. Transfer to a bowl. Cool completely.
- Spread cooled blackberry mixture over slice base. Add reserved oat mixture to reserved cacao mixture. Toss to combine. Sprinkle over top. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan. Cut into 15 pieces.
Nutritions of Choc and blackberry crumble slicefatContent: 189.288 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 22 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 3 grams protein