Coat mint ice-cream sandwiches in a crisp and crunchy chocolate shell.
The ingredient of Dreamy peppermint pops
- 60g butter, at room temperature
- 80g (1/2 cup) icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour, sifted
- 100g (2/3 cup) self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
- 1L ctn Sara Lee Mint Choc Crisp ice-cream, softened slightly
- 185g dark choc melts
- 45g copha, chopped
- 2 x 35g pkts Nestle Peppermint Crisp, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Dreamy peppermint pops
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the egg and beat to combine. Add the combined flour and cocoa powder and stir to form a soft dough. Transfer to a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Roll dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until 4mm thick. Use a 7cm round pastry cutter to cut 16 discs from the dough, rerolling excess. Transfer to prepared trays. Bake for 10 minutes or until just firm to touch. Cool on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place a scoop of ice-cream on the base of 1 biscuit and gently spread to the edge. Top with another biscuit. Fill any gaps with extra ice-cream and smooth the side. Transfer to a lined tray. Carefully insert a wooden iceblock stick into the centre of each ice-cream sandwich. Place in the freezer to set. Repeat with remaining biscuits and ice-cream. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Heat the choc melts and copha in a small microwave-safe bowl on high, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Transfer to a mug or bowl wide enough to fit the ice-cream sandwiches. Place the Peppermint Crisp on a plate. Quickly dip 1 ice-cream sandwich in chocolate mixture to coat, allowing excess to drip off, then dip halfway in Peppermint Crisp to coat. Return to lined tray in the freezer. Repeat with remaining ice-cream sandwiches, chocolate mixture and Peppermint Crisp. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
Nutritions of Dreamy peppermint popsfatContent: