Boo! Halloween is almost here, so put on your scariest outfit and invite everyone around for these terrifying chocolate bat biscuits.
The ingredient of Black cat and bat biscuits
- 200g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- 2 1/3 cups (350g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder, sifted
- Ready-made white writing icing (see note)
The instruction how to make Black cat and bat biscuits
- Line 2 trays with baking paper.
- Using electric beaters, beat butter and sugar in a bowl until just pale and creamy. Beat in egg, mixing well, then the zest. Fold in flour and cocoa to combine, then tip onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly to form a smooth dough. Enclose in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Halve dough. On a floured surface, roll out each piece to about 5mm thick. Using a decorative cutter (we used bat and cat cutters), cut out shapes and place on trays, leaving a 2-3cm gap between biscuits. Chill for a further 30 minutes on the trays.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Bake biscuits for 10 minutes until dry. Transfer to a rack to cool before decorating with icing.
Nutritions of Black cat and bat biscuitsfatContent: