Christmas isnt Christmas without traditional fruit pies. These are made even better with the addition of white chocolate.
The ingredient of Fruit mince tartlets
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 125g butter, chilled, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 100g good-quality white chocolate
- 410g fruit mince
- 1/3 cup finely-chopped prunes
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled, cored, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely-grated lemon rind
The instruction how to make Fruit mince tartlets
- Combine flour, sugar and butter in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg. Process until dough just comes together. Turn pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until just smooth. Shape into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Lightly grease two 12-hole, 2 tablespoon (40ml) capacity, flat-based patty pans. Roll pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Using a 7cm pastry cutter, cut 24 rounds from pastry. Press pastry rounds into patty holes. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Make fruit mince filling: Place ingredients in a bowl. Stir to combine. Spoon filling into pastry cases. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool in pan.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high (100%) for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until melted. Drizzle tartlets with chocolate. Allow chocolate to set. Serve.
Nutritions of Fruit mince tartletsfatContent: 152.482 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 21.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 1.9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 22 milligrams cholesterol