Irrisistibly delicious and impressive looking, this triple-chocolate dessert is the winning end to any dinner party - if youre willing to share of course!
The ingredient of Choc-caramel ice-cream tarts
- 4 x 72g Snickers bars, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons thickened cream
- 8 scoops low-fat vanilla caramel swirl ice-cream
- Dark chocolate, shaved, to decorate
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 150g butter, chilled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar mixture
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
The instruction how to make Choc-caramel ice-cream tarts
- To make the pastry, process the flour, butter, icing sugar and cocoa powder in a food processor until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add milk. Process until just combined. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Shape into a disc and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Divide the dough into 8 portions. Roll out 1 portion until 3mm thick. Line a 2.5cm-deep, 8cm (base measurement) fluted tart tin, with removable base, with the pastry. Trim any excess. Repeat with the remaining dough portions. Use a fork to prick the bases all over. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes to chill.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Bake the pastry cases for 15 minutes or until crisp and dry to the touch.
- Stir the Snickers and cream in a saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes or until the Snickers melts and the mixture is smooth. Spoon among tart cases. Set aside to cool completely.
- Top tarts with the ice-cream and decorate with shaved chocolate.
Nutritions of Choc-caramel ice-cream tartsfatContent: