Bored with chocolate eggs? Deliver these baked treats on Easter morning instead, and youll be more popular than you-know-who.
The ingredient of Orange drops
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (40g) almond meal
- 90g salted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Icing sugar, to dust
The instruction how to make Orange drops
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the flour and baking powder in a bowl, then stir in the almond meal. In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric beaters until thick and pale. Beat in orange zest, vanilla and 1 egg, then stir in flour mixture until well combined.
- Divide dough into 24 pieces, then use your hands to roll each piece into a ball. Place a ball on the workbench and pinch twice to form a peak. Transfer to the tray, then repeat with remaining dough. Beat remaining egg with 1 tablespoon water, then use to lightly glaze biscuits.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the biscuits feel firm to touch but are still pale. (Rotate the trays halfway through cooking time, if necessary, to ensure even baking.) Allow to cool on trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar and serve. Store biscuits in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Nutritions of Orange dropsfatContent: