No need to choose between chocolate and custard-flavoured biscuits - these brown-and-gold bears are two tastes in one.
The ingredient of Patchy bear bikkies
- 35g (1/4 cup) custard powder
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 80g (1/2 cup) icing sugar mixture
- 200g butter, chilled, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons water
- 30g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
The instruction how to make Patchy bear bikkies
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Place the custard powder and half the flour, icing mixture and butter in the bowl of a food processor and process until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of water and process until the dough just starts to come together. Turn onto a clean work surface and knead until smooth. Shape into a disc and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, place the cocoa powder and the remaining flour, icing sugar and butter in the bowl of the food processor and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the remaining water and process until the dough just starts to come together. Turn onto a clean work surface and knead until smooth. Shape into a disc and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to rest.
- Place a sheet of non-stick baking paper on a clean work surface. Arrange alternate pieces of custard dough and chocolate dough on the baking paper and press together to form 1 piece of dough. Cover with another sheet of non-stick baking paper and roll out until 7mm thick. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Use a 9cm-long teddy bear-shaped pastry cutter to cut biscuits from dough. Place on the lined tray. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes to chill. Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until light golden underneath. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool on the tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritions of Patchy bear bikkiesfatContent: 266.485 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 32 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 3 grams protein