Celebrate Christmas in style with these decadent fruit tart served with sweet brandy ice-cream and shavings of dark chocolate.
The ingredient of Christmas fruit tart with brandy ice-cream
- 600ml ctn thickened cream
- 375g ctn double thick French vanilla custard
- 80ml (1/3 cup) brandy, plus
- 60ml (1/4 cup) brandy, extra
- 45g (1/4 cup) pure icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 95g (1/2 cup) raisins
- 80g butter, chilled, chopped
- 125g (3/4 cup, lightly packed) brown sugar
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 2-3 tsp iced water
- 90g butter, extra, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs apricot jam
- 40g (1/4 cup) self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 375g pkt dark chocolate, at room temperature
- Icing sugar, to dust
The instruction how to make Christmas fruit tart with brandy ice-cream
- Place cream, custard, brandy, icing sugar and vanilla bean paste in a bowl. Mix well to combine. Pour into shallow metal pan and freeze for 2 hours until nearly frozen. Process mixture until smooth. Return to pan. Freeze. Alternatively, churn in ice-cream machine.
- Meanwhile, combine raisins and extra brandy in a small bowl. Cover. Set aside for 4 hours or overnight to macerate.
- For pastry, process the chopped butter, 1 1/2 tbs brown sugar and 1 cup plain flour in a food processor until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg yolk and water. Process until mixture just comes together. Turn onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently until just smooth. Flatten into a disc. Wrap in plastic. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Grease a 23cm fluted tart tin with removable base. Roll dough out between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to fit prepared tin. Cover with baking paper and pastry weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 10 minutes, remove weights or rice and bake for further 10 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Use electric beaters to beat extra butter and remaining brown sugar until pale and creamy. Add egg and jam. Beat well to combine. Fold in raisin mixture. Sift over self-raising flour, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg and remaining plain flour. Spread over base of pastry. Bake for 30 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Use a peeler or metal spoon to scrape flat side of chocolate block to create flakes. Arrange over tart. Dust with icing sugar.
Nutritions of Christmas fruit tart with brandy ice-creamfatContent: