This American-style bread tastes like a big doughnut. Make 1 day ahead and store in an airtight container.
The ingredient of White chocolate and raspberry monkey bread
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 160g (1/2 cup) raspberry jam
- 125g fresh raspberries
- 100g white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 150g (1 cup) icing sugar mixture
- 10g butter
- 1 tablespoon water, boiling
- Freeze-dried strawberries, crushed, to decorate
- Freeze-dried pomegranate kernels, to decorate
- 125ml (1u20442 cups) milk, warmed
- 2 teaspoons (7g/1 sachet) instant dried yeast
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 375g (2 1/2 cups) bread flour
- Pinch of salt
- 120g unsalted butter, at room temperature, chopped
The instruction how to make White chocolate and raspberry monkey bread
- For the dough, whisk the milk, yeast and 1 tbs of the sugar in a jug. Set aside for 10 minutes or until frothy. Whisk in the eggs.
- Process the flour, salt and remaining sugar in a food processor until combined. Add the yeast mixture. Process until the dough just comes together. With the motor running, add the butter, 1 piece at a time, until combined and a very soft and sticky dough forms. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 3-4 minutes or until smooth. Place in a greased bowl. Cover. Set aside in a warm, draught-free place to prove for 1 hour or until doubled in size. Punch the dough down. Roughly roll the dough into 20g balls.
- Meanwhile, grease a 20cm bundt cake pan with melted butter. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a sealable plastic bag. Place the jam in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until runny. Strain through a fine sieve over a bowl. Discard the seeds.
- Add a few dough balls to the cinnamon mixture. Seal the bag and toss to coat. Transfer to a plate. Repeat, in batches, with the remaining balls and cinnamon mixture. Place half the balls in the pan. Top with half the raspberries and half the chocolate. Drizzle with half the jam. Repeat the layers with the remaining balls, raspberries, chocolate and jam. Cover the pan with plastic wrap. Stand in a warm, draught-free place for 30 minutes to 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a serving plate. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the icing sugar in a bowl. Add the butter and boiling water and stir until well combined and smooth. Drizzle over the bread and sprinkle with the strawberry and pomegranate.
Nutritions of White chocolate and raspberry monkey breadfatContent: