Your special guest will be saying "unforgettable..." after tasting this lip-smacking tropical treat. And theyre talking about you, of course!
The ingredient of Passionfruit & white chocolate mousse with shortbread hearts
- 100g white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) fresh passionfruit pulp
- 2 eggs, separated
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Whipped cream, to serve
- Fresh passionfruit pulp, extra, to serve
- 125g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 45g (1/4 cup) rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Olive oil, to grease
- Caster sugar, extra, to dust
The instruction how to make Passionfruit & white chocolate mousse with shortbread hearts
- Place the chocolate and passionfruit in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesnt touch the water). Use a metal spoon to stir for 3-4 minutes or until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Add the egg yolks and whisk until combined.
- Use an electric beater to beat the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Use a metal spoon to fold in the chocolate mixture.
- Use a clean electric beater to beat the egg whites and sugar in a clean, dry bowl until firm peaks form. Fold the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture until combined. Divide the mousse among two 250ml (1-cup) capacity serving dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 4 hours or until set.
- Meanwhile, to make the shortbread: place the butter and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and process until pale and creamy. Add the flour, rice flour, vanilla and salt, and process until the dough just comes together. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until smooth. Shape into a disc, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Preheat oven to 190u00b0C. Grease a baking tray lightly with oil. Halve the dough. Roll out 1 portion on a lightly floured surface until 3mm thick. Use a 7.5cm-diameter heart-shaped pastry cutter to cut 20 hearts. Place on tray. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Sprinkle the biscuits lightly with extra sugar. Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until golden. Set aside on the tray for 5 minutes to cool before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Top mousse with cream and passionfruit. Serve with shortbread.
Nutritions of Passionfruit & white chocolate mousse with shortbread heartsfatContent: 1600.583 calories
saturatedFatContent: 99 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 61 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 150 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 77 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 24 grams protein
sodiumContent: 450 milligrams cholesterol