Prepare this recipe the night before to ensure the oats soak up all the delicious chocolate and vanilla flavours.
The ingredient of Choc chia and oat breakfast bowl
- 125g (1 1/3 cups) rolled oats
- 55g (1/3 cup) white chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder or dark cocoa powder
- 750ml (3 cups) milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 25g (1/3 cup) dried coconut chips
- 1 tablespoon pistachio kernels
- 260g (1 cup) vanilla yoghurt
- 2 figs, cut into wedges
- 12 strawberries, halved
- 24 raspberries, halved
- Beetroot powder, to dust (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Edible flowers (optional), to serve
The instruction how to make Choc chia and oat breakfast bowl
- Place the oats, chia seeds and cacao or cocoa powder in a bowl. Add the milk, maple syrup and vanilla and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight to soak.
- Place coconut chips in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until toasted. Transfer to a plate. Add the pistachios to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until toasted. Transfer to a plate. Set aside to cool. Chop pistachios.
- Divide the oat mixture among serving bowls. Top with yoghurt, figs, strawberries, raspberries, coconut chips and pistachios. Dust yoghurt lightly with beetroot powder, if using. Sprinkle with mint leaves and edible flowers, if you like.
Nutritions of Choc chia and oat breakfast bowlfatContent: 461.748 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 49 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 20 grams protein