The kidsll love these fabulous card trick cookies (as will the adults).
The ingredient of Card trick cookies
- 200g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 3/4 cups plain flour, sifted, plus extra for dusting
- 1/3 cup rainbow choc chips (see notes)
- Writing icing (red and black)
- 2 egg whites
- 3 cups pure icing sugar, sifted
The instruction how to make Card trick cookies
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add egg. Beat to combine. Add flour. Stir to combine. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 30 seconds until smooth. Shape 1/3 of the dough into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap. Shape remaining dough into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease and line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the large portion of dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Cut 32, 4cm x 7.5cm rectangles from dough, re-rolling and cutting trimmings. Place rectangles 3cm apart on prepared trays. Freeze on trays for 10 minutes. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until just firm but not browned. Stand on trays for 2 minutes. Carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. 4 Roll remaining portion of dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Cut 16, 4cm x 7.5cm rectangles from dough, re-rolling trimmings if needed. Place rectangles 3cm apart on tray. Freeze on tray for 10 minutes. Cut a 3cm x 6.5cm rectangle from the centre of each rectangle. Discard centres. Freeze tray for 10 minutes. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until just firm. Stand for 2 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Make Royal Icing: Place egg whites in a bowl. Whisk with a fork until foamy. Gradually add icing sugar, whisking until mixture becomes thick and spreadable.
- Spoon icing into a small snaplock bag. Snip off 1 corner. Pipe a line around outside edge of half the whole biscuits. Top each with a cut-out biscuit, pressing to secure. Fill each cut-out with enough choc chips to sit level with the top biscuit. Pipe a line around the outside edge. Top with remaining whole biscuits to enclose filling, pressing to secure.
- Using the picture as a guide, and working with 1 biscuit stack at a time, pipe a rectangular icing outline onto the top of biscuit. Pipe icing inside the outline and spread with a small spatula to make level (see notes). Using writing icing, pipe numbers, letters, diamonds, hearts, spades and clubs onto biscuits. Stand for 20 minutes or until set. Serve.
Nutritions of Card trick cookiesfatContent: 345.594 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 56.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 3.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 29 milligrams cholesterol