These chocolate coffee doughnuts are so good you wont be able to stop at one. Fudge icing topped with hazelnut and pearls give them a classy look for your morning or afternoon tea.
The ingredient of Hazelnut mocha doughnuts
- 3 teaspoons dried yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup hot espresso coffee
- 80g butter, chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- Canola oil, for deep-frying
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup thickened cream, whipped
- 125g packet skinless hazelnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- 50g chocolate curls
- 1 tablespoon chocolate silver pearls
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
The instruction how to make Hazelnut mocha doughnuts
- Whisk yeast and water in a small bowl until yeast dissolves. Set aside.
- Place butter, coffee and milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until butter melts. Remove from heat. Stand for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Combine salt, flour and sugar in a large bowl. Make a well. Add yeast and butter mixtures. Stir until a soft, sticky dough forms. knead for 2 minutes or until just smooth.
- Place in a large greased bowl. Cover with lightly greased plastic wrap. Stand in a warm place for 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knead for 30 seconds or until just smooth. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out dough until 1cm thick. Using a lightly floured 8.5cm round cutter, cut out 14 rounds, re-rolling dough when necessary. Place rounds on 2 baking paper-lined trays. Stand for 15 minutes.
- Pour enough oil into a large saucepan to reach 5cm up the side. Heat over high heat until oil is hot (see note). Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook doughnuts, in 4 batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a tray lined with paper towel to drain. Cool.
- Place Nutella in a piping bag fitted with a 1cm plain round nozzle. Push nozzle into side of 1 doughnut. Pipe a little Nutella into doughnut. Repeat with remaining doughnuts. Place whipped cream in a piping bag fitted with a 1cm plain round nozzle. Pipe a little cream into doughnut. Repeat with remaining doughnuts.
- Make Chocolate Fudge Icing: Place chocolate and cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Heat, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Stand for 5 minutes to cool.
- Dip top of each doughnut into icing to coat. Transfer to a wire rack. Sprinkle with hazelnut, chocolate curls and pearls. Serve.
Nutritions of Hazelnut mocha doughnutsfatContent: 567.147 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 66.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 10.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 25 milligrams cholesterol