The best way to enjoy these delicious apple and sultana pastries is served warm with ice cream.
The ingredient of Apple and sultana scrolls
- Melted butter, to grease
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed spice
- 60g chilled butter, cubed
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 65g (1/3 cup) sultanas
- Plain flour, to dust
- 1 large (about 200g) granny smith apple, peeled, cored, coarsely grated
- 45g (1/4 cup) icing sugar mixture
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
The instruction how to make Apple and sultana scrolls
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Brush a baking tray with melted butter to lightly grease.
- Place flour, sugar and mixed spice in a large bowl. Use your fingers to rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre and add the milk and sultanas. Use a round-bladed knife in a cutting motion to mix until evenly incorporated and the mixture just comes together. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll out dough into a 25 x 30cm rectangle. Sprinkle with apple. Starting from the long side, firmly roll dough into a log. Trim the ends. Cut crossways into twelve 2cm thick slices. Arrange scrolls cut-side up, side by side on prepared tray.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make the chocolate icing, combine the icing sugar and cocoa powder in a small bowl. Add the milk and stir until combined and smooth.
- Drizzle scrolls with chocolate icing and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Apple and sultana scrollsfatContent: