These vanilla-choc cookies can be kept in the freezer, ready to slice and bake whenever the craving hits.
The ingredient of Vanilla-choc slice and bake cookies
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1 tablespoon milk
The instruction how to make Vanilla-choc slice and bake cookies
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add egg. Beat until just combined. Stir in flour until just combined. Transfer 2/3 of the dough to another bowl. Add cocoa and milk to remaining dough. Mix well.
- Knead 1/2 of the remaining plain dough into a ball. Roll and shape dough into a 30cm long log. Wrap in baking paper and freeze for 20 minutes or until just firm. Knead chocolate dough into a ball and wrap in plastic. Repeat with remaining plain dough. Refrigerate until required.
- Roll chocolate dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Cut into a 20cm x 30cm rectangle. Unwrap cookie log and place along 1 long side of chocolate dough. Roll up dough to enclose log. Wrap in baking paper. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Roll out remaining dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Cut dough into a 25cm x 30cm rectangle. Unwrap cookie log and place along 1 long side of dough. Roll up dough to enclose log. Wrap in baking paper and freeze for 30 minutes or until firm (see note).
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Line 3 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Unwrap cookie log. Using a flat-bladed knife, cut log into 1cm-thick slices. Place, 3cm apart, on prepared trays. Bake, 1 tray at a time, for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are just starting to turn light golden. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to a baking paper-lined wire rack to cool completely. Serve.
Nutritions of Vanilla-choc slice and bake cookiesfatContent: 134.557 calories
saturatedFatContent: 7.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 16.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 1.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 19 milligrams cholesterol