This Halloween, treat big and little kids to this amazing chocolate dessert cob loaf dip, complete with assorted lollies (and a few spooky creatures!).
The ingredient of Jack-o-cob loaf dip
- 600ml carton thickened cream
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 round cob loaf
- Green fondant, to decorate
- Assorted lollies, to serve
The instruction how to make Jack-o-cob loaf dip
- Combine the cream and chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Stand over a pan of simmering water (dont let the base of the bowl touch the water) and heat until the cream is just warm and the chocolate starts to melt. Remove the bowl from the pan and set aside, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the cocoa, sugar and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and whisk to combine. Place in the fridge for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has cooled and thickened to the consistency of thick cream.
- Meanwhile, use a sharp serrated knife to cut the top from the loaf. Reserve. Pull the bread out from the centre of the loaf (reserve for another use), leaving a 1.5cm to 2cm-thick wall. Use the black edible marker to draw a jack-o-lantern face on the cob. Roll the fondant out to make a stem for the loaf top.
- Use electric beaters to beat the cooled chocolate mixture until it is the consistency of whipped cream. Spoon into the cob loaf. Top with lollies to serve.
Nutritions of Jack-o-cob loaf dipfatContent: