This crunchy oat slice is the perfect energy boost for tired kids after school.
The ingredient of Fruity oat slice
- 150g dried apricots
- 100g dried apple
- 2 passionfruit, halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tablespoons linseed (see note)
- 75g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
The instruction how to make Fruity oat slice
- Grease and line a 3cm-deep, 19cm x 29cm (base) slice pan with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang on both long ends.
- Place apricots, apple, passionfruit pulp and lemon juice in a food processor. Process until just smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Process oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds and linseed until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add to fruit mixture. Stir to combine. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour or until slice is firm.
- Line a tray with baking paper. Using a serrated knife, cut slice into 16 rectangular pieces. Place on prepared tray.
- Make topping: Place chocolate and oil in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high (100%) for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon, or until melted and smooth. Spoon chocolate into a snap-lock bag. Snip off 1 corner and pipe chocolate over slice. Refrigerate until firm. Wrap in plastic wrap before packing into lunchboxes.
Nutritions of Fruity oat slicefatContent: 107.072 calories
saturatedFatContent: 4.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 0.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 2.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 0.1 milligrams cholesterol