Homemade wreath biscuits make great gifts and a lovely decoration for your home during the festive season.
The ingredient of Wreath biscuits
- 125g Coles butter, softened
- 2/3 cup pure icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 Coles free range egg
- 2 cups Coles plain flour
- 500g packet Orchard prepared white icing
- Green food colouring
- Red mini M&Ms
The instruction how to make Wreath biscuits
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan, and line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Using electric beaters, beat butter and icing sugar until light and creamy. Add vanilla essence and egg, and beat until combined.
- Mix in flour with a knife until evenly combined, then gather dough into a ball. Turn out onto a sheet of non-stick baking paper and roll out to about 7mm thick. Use an 8.5cm round shaped cutter to cut out biscuits, and place on prepared trays. Cut 3.5cm rounds from the centre of each biscuit and add centres to dough scraps. Gently reroll dough and cut out more biscuits.
- Bake for 15 mins, or until lightly golden, swapping trays halfway through cooking. Cool on trays for 5 mins, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Knead icing until pliable, then roll out roughly. Drop about 30 drops of green food colouring on the icing and knead until evenly incorporated. Lightly dust the work surface with icing sugar and roll out icing to about 2mm thick. Use a leaf-shaped cutter to cut out leaves (or cut out leaf shapes freehand and score them with lines to resemble the veins).
- Arrange leaves over the biscuits so each one looks like a wreath. Press M&Mu2019S on the leaves. Set aside for 30 mins to allow icing to harden. Store in an airtight container.
Nutritions of Wreath biscuitsfatContent: