With one batch of wonderfully rich fruit mince your Christmas bakings all sorted!
The ingredient of Fruit mince pies 2 ways
- 1 1/2 cups Fruit mince (see related recipe)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 150g butter, chilled, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon iced water
- 100g milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons thickened cream
The instruction how to make Fruit mince pies 2 ways
- Make pastry Process flour, sugar and butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add egg, vanilla and water. Process to combine. Shape dough into 2 discs. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Grease two 12-hole, 1 1/2 tablespoons capacity, round-based patty pans. Roll 1 dough disc between 2 sheets baking paper until 3mm thick. Using a 7cm round cutter, cut 12 rounds from dough. Line holes of 1 prepared pan with rounds. Re-roll dough scraps. Using a 5cm star-shaped cutter, cut 12 stars from dough (see note).
- Spoon 1 level tablespoon fruit mince into each hole, pressing with back of spoon to level. Top each with a star. Brush with egg. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is golden. Set aside for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, roll remaining dough disc between 2 sheets baking paper until 3mm thick. Using a 7cm round cutter, cut 12 rounds from remaining dough. Line prepared pan holes with rounds. Spoon 2 level teaspoons fruit mince into each hole. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until pastry is golden. Set aside for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make ganache: Place chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium-high(75%) for 30 seconds or until smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes. Spoon over fruit mince. Set aside to cool completely.
Nutritions of Fruit mince pies 2 waysfatContent: