These beautiful ginger-infused biscuits look almost too good to eat. Almost ...
The ingredient of Double choc ginger creams
- 100g good-quality dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 185ml (3/4 cup) thickened cream
- 200g butter, at room temperature
- 150g (1 cup) icing sugar mixture
- 1 egg
- 375g (2 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 100g good-quality white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 75g (1/3 cup) coffee crystals
The instruction how to make Double choc ginger creams
- Place the dark chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesnt touch the water) and stir until the mixture is melted. Place in fridge for 3-4 hours or until the mixture is firm.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Use an electric beater to beat together the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the egg. Fold in the flour and ginger until the mixture just starts to come together.
- Place the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesnt touch the water) and stir occasionally until melted.
- Add the white chocolate to the biscuit mixture and combine. Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and knead until combined. Divide dough into 2 portions. Place 1 portion between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper and roll out to 4mm thick. Use a 5 1/2cm-diameter round fluted pastry cutter to cut out biscuits. Transfer to lined trays. Bake in oven, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 15-18 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough, sprinkling biscuits with coffee crystals before baking.
- Spread the dark chocolate mixture over the flat side of the plain biscuits. Sandwich together with the coffee-crystal biscuits and serve.
Nutritions of Double choc ginger creamsfatContent: