Combine two of your favourite desserts - ice cream and pie in one tasty dish.
The ingredient of Ice-cream pie
- 2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, partially thawed (or basic sweet shortcrust - see related recipe)
- 150g dark chocolate melts
- 2 litres vanilla ice-cream
- 100ml pouring cream
- 1/4 cup moist coconut flakes, lightly toasted
The instruction how to make Ice-cream pie
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease a 3cm-deep, 23cm (base) fluted loose-based flan pan. Roll out pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Line pan with pastry. Trim excess pastry so it sits 5mm above the edge. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Place pan on a baking tray. Line pastry case with baking paper. Fill with ceramic pie weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove weights and paper. Bake for a further 5 to 10 minutes or until pastry is golden. Allow to cool.
- Place one-third of the chocolate in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on medium-high (70%) for 1 minute, stirring with a metal spoon after 30 seconds, or until smooth. Brush chocolate over pastry base. Allow to set. Place scoops of ice-cream over pastry base. Place pan in freezer.
- Combine cream and remaining chocolate in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until chocolate melts. Remove from heat. Stand for 2 minutes to cool slightly, but not set. Drizzle chocolate sauce over ice-cream. Sprinkle with coconut. Return to freezer until ready to serve.
Nutritions of Ice-cream piefatContent: 63.096 calories
saturatedFatContent: 4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 6 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 12 milligrams cholesterol