Turkish baklava gets a cheats makeover and its easier than ever. Simply spread crunchy peanut butter and Nutella between filo pastry.
The ingredient of Cheats peanut butter baklava
- 1/2 cup skinless hazelnuts
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- 2/3 cup pecans
- 15 sheets filo pastry
- 100g butter, melted
- 2/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Icing sugar, for dusting
The instruction how to make Cheats peanut butter baklava
- Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan-forced. Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan.
- Place nuts in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Reserve 2 tablespoons mixture.
- Place 1 sheet filo on a flat surface. Brush with melted butter. Top with another sheet of filo. Repeat layering with another sheet of filo. Using 1/4 of the peanut butter and 1/4 of the Nutella, drop small spoonfuls onto the filo. Leaving a 2cm border, gently spread mixtures over filo (see note). Push filo stack into pan, spread-side up, allowing filo to overhang. Sprinkle with 1/4 of the nut mixture and 1/4 of the choc chips.
- Repeat layering in previous step 3 more times. Layer remaining 3 sheets of filo together with butter. Place over filling. Roll up edges and tuck into sides of pan. Brush with butter. Using a small knife, score top of baklava in a diamond pattern. Sprinkle with reserved nut mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Stand for 30 minutes. Dust with icing sugar. Serve.
Nutritions of Cheats peanut butter baklavafatContent: 247.126 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 13 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 5.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 8 milligrams cholesterol