The ingredient of Macadamia shortbreads
- 125g butter, cubed, at room temperature
- 80g (1/2 cup) icing sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 70g (1/2 cup) cornflour
- 60g (1/2 cup) finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 50g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
The instruction how to make Macadamia shortbreads
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Use electric beater to beat butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl until pale and creamy.
- Sift the flour and cornflour together into a medium bowl. Add to butter mixture with the macadamia nuts and use a wooden spoon to mix until just combined and a soft dough forms.
- With lightly floured hands, roll teaspoonfuls of the dough into 4cm logs and place about 4cm apart on lined baking trays.
- Bake in preheated oven, swapping trays half-way through cooking, for 20 minutes or until light golden and cooked through. Remove from oven and cool the biscuits on baking trays.
- Place the chocolate in a small heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesnt touch the water) and stir until melted and smooth.
- Place a plastic freezer bag over a glass to form a funnel and pour the chocolate into the bag. Snip a small hole in corner of the bag. Pipe chocolate squiggles over the cooled biscuits.
Nutritions of Macadamia shortbreadsfatContent: