The ingredient of Whisky truffles
- 50g (1/3 cup) hazelnuts
- 80ml (1/3 cup) thick cream
- 1 3cm strip orange peel, white pith removed
- 200g good-quality cooking chocolate, coarsely grated
- 1 tablespoon whisky
- 30g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder, sifted
The instruction how to make Whisky truffles
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C. Spread the hazelnuts over a baking tray and cook in preheated oven for 5-6 minutes or until toasted. Place hazelnuts in a tea towel and rub to remove the skin. Finely chop the hazelnuts and place in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the cream and orange peel in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until it just comes to the boil. Remove from the heat and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Place the chocolate in a medium bowl. Return the cream to medium-high heat and bring to the boil. Discard the peel and pour the cream through a sieve over the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Add the whisky and stir to combine. Place in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm.
- Line a large tray with non-stick baking paper. Spoon teaspoonsful of the mixture onto the lined tray. Place in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to firm.
- Lightly press the mixture into balls. Place the cocoa in a small bowl. Roll 1/2 the truffles in the cocoa and the other 1/2 in the hazelnuts. Place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Nutritions of Whisky trufflesfatContent: