With a Christmas gingerbread biscuit base, this easy caramel slice recipe will be a hit with young and old.
The ingredient of Gingerbread choc-caramel slice recipe
- 1 quantity gingerbread dough (see note)
- 200g dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 50g white cooking chocolate, finely chopped
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 45g (1/4 cup, lightly packed) brown sugar
- 60g butter
The instruction how to make Gingerbread choc-caramel slice recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease a square 20cm cake pan and line with baking paper, allowing it to overhang the sides.
- Divide the gingerbread dough in half. Tear one portion of the dough into chunks and place in the base of the pan. Use the back of a spoon to press the dough evenly into the base. Prick the base all over with a fork. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll out the remaining portion of dough on baking paper until 4mm thick.
- Use a 3cm star cutter to cut out 16 biscuits from the dough. Place on the lined tray. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool on the tray. Reduce the oven temperature to 160C/140C fan forced.
- For the caramel, place the condensed milk, sugar and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, for 8-10 minutes or until the mixture thickens and starts to bubble. Pour over the biscuit base and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until set (there will be small bubbles on the surface). Set aside to cool completely. Place in the fridge for 3 hours or until chilled.
- Place the dark chocolate and oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on Medium, stirring every minute, until the chocolate melts. Spread the melted chocolate over the caramel. Place stars on the top. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl on Medium, stirring every minute, until smooth. Drizzle over slice and place in the fridge for 2 hours. Cut into squares to serve.
Nutritions of Gingerbread choc-caramel slice recipefatContent: