The countdown to Christmas is well underway and you can get into the spirit of things by baking these super cute biscuits for Santa... or for yourself!
The ingredient of North Pole shortbread
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- Finely grated rind of 4 mandarins
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons glace orange peel, very finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 375g Nestle White Chocolate Melts, melted following packet directions
The instruction how to make North Pole shortbread
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, rind and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks and peel, beat until combined. On low speed, gradually beat in combined sifted flours until mixture comes together. Form into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Roll out dough between 2 sheets of lightly-floured baking paper until 3mm thick then, using a 7.5cm Christmas tree-shaped cutter (or cutter of your choice), cut out shapes and place on baking paper-lined oven trays. Repeat, rolling dough scraps until all the dough is used. Refrigerate dough on oven trays for 30 minutes, then bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool biscuits on trays.
- Half dip biscuits in melted chocolate, place on baking paper-lined trays and stand until set. Biscuits will keep in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Nutritions of North Pole shortbreadfatContent: