These festive gingerbread biscuits are both tasty and decorative. Give them to your friends as gifts but dont forget to keep some for yourself.
The ingredient of Gingerbread wreath biscuits
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) treacle
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 1/2 cups (370g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 eggwhite
- Demerara sugar, to sprinkle
The instruction how to make Gingerbread wreath biscuits
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper. Use an electric mixer to beat the butter, sugar, treacle and egg yolk together in a small bowl until pale and creamy. Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and stir to combine. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Divide dough into 2 portions. Roll a portion out onto a lightly floured surface to a 3mm-thick disc. Use an 8cm fluted pastry cutter to cut out discs. Use a 3cm fluted pastry cutter to cut an inner circle from each disc. Place on trays. Continue with remaining dough. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove and set aside to cool. Brush with eggwhite and sprinkle with demerara sugar. Place in oven for a further 2 minutes to set. Remove and set aside to cool.
Nutritions of Gingerbread wreath biscuitsfatContent: