Welcome winter with these cute and delicious snowman cakes.
The ingredient of Snowmen cake pops
- 2 tablespoons bought vanilla frosting
- 375g pkt white chocolate melts
- 3 sour fruit straps
- 200g butter
- 1 3/4 cups (370g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups (405g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
The instruction how to make Snowmen cake pops
- To make the butter cake, preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line the base and 2 long sides of a 10 x 20cm (base measurement) loaf pan with baking paper.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. Add the flour and milk in alternate batches and stir until just combined.
- Spoon into the prepared pan and use a palet knife or the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside for 5 minutes before turning on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Use a serrated knife to trim the crusts from the cake. Break the cake into small pieces and transfer to the bowl of a food processor. Process until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a bowl. Add the vanilla frosting and stir to combine.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper. Roll two-thirds of the cake mixture into 1 tablespoonful balls and place on the lined tray. Roll the remaining cake mixture into 2 teaspoonsful balls and place on the lined tray. You should have about 15 large and 15 small balls. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm.
- Place the white chocolate melts in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon until chocolate melts.
- Dip the end of a small cake ball in the melted chocolate and place on top of a larger cake ball. Repeat with remaining balls. Set aside for 5 minutes to set.
- Dip the end of 1 lollypop stick in chocolate then insert into the bottom of the larger ball. Return to the tray. Repeat with remaining cake balls.
- Dip 1 cake pop into the melted chocolate, turning to coat. Gently tap on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Insert the cake pop in the polystyrene to stand upright. Repeat with remaining balls. Set aside for 30 minutes to set.
- Use kitchen scissors to cut the sour straps into 3mm-wide strips. Wrap around the neck of the snowmen and secure with a little dob of melted chocolate. Use the black edible pen to draw on faces (alternatively use chocolate gel). Insert tiny sticks for arms or use licorice strap.
Nutritions of Snowmen cake popsfatContent: