The ingredient of Two-tone shortbread
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
The instruction how to make Two-tone shortbread
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 4 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until pale. Add flour and cornflour. Stir to combine. Turn onto a floured surface. Knead gently until smooth.
- Divide dough in half. Add cocoa to 1 portion. Knead until well combined.
- Roll chocolate dough out between 2 sheets of baking paper to form a 22cm x 32cm rectangle. Repeat with plain dough. Place plain dough on top of chocolate dough. Roll dough up like a Swiss roll, starting from 1 long side. Wrap in baking paper. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Cut log into 8mm-thick rounds. Place onto trays. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake, 2 trays at a time, for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch. Allow to cool on trays. Serve.
Nutritions of Two-tone shortbreadfatContent: